Try Out The All-New Bosch GCM12SD Glide Miter Saw For More Precise Cuts
The Bosch GCM12SD 120-Volt 12-Inch DB Glide Miter Saw is a special industrial machine used to create precise crosscuts or miters on metallic or synthetic materials, other common uses include surface cutting and mechanical framing operations.
This tool is relatively small and transportable meaning that you can carry it inside a travel bag wherever you’re going, it works by spinning up a circular blade system right at the workpiece in precise and controlled motions.
Sometimes, users prefer holding the Bosch GCM12SD against some sort of fence, which ultimately provides a sharp cutting-angle between the plane’s blade and the workpiece widest edge. In most cases this angle is set at a static position of 90 degrees. Other unique features of the machine include:
a) A wide form-fitting ergonomic handlebar for all-day comfort while working, your hands will never form blisters or get sore while using this apparatus.
b) It has a comprehensible bevel that’s easy to read even when handling thick pieces of material, also included are stainless-steel miter scales that are resistant to wear and tear.
c) A high-precision gridlock fence aligns the product at an angle of 90 degrees from the table and doesn’t require any adjustments, the one touch lock/unlock feature can as well be used to slide up the fence for extra support. This coupled with the patented axial-glide console delivers quality work without expending too much energy.
Some Noted Features of the Bosch GCM12SD 12-Inch Dual-Bevel Glide Miter Saw
- Patented axial-glide system for durable precision
- Large easy-to-read uniform bevel
- 14-Inch horizontal capacity
- 6-1/2-inch vertical capacity
- 6-1/2-inch crown capacity (45-degree spring)
- Stainless steel miter scales
- One-touch lock/unlock to slide fence
- High-precision Squarelock fence aligns fence
- Large form-fitting ambidextrous ergonomic trigger handle
What Customers Said about the Bosch GCM12SD Glide Miter Saw
The Plus Points
1. It comes equipped with a laser-guide system that provides precise visual indications of where the cut ought to be within the material surface, as well as updated configurations that only make work easier.
2. The Bosch GCM12SD DB Glide Miter Saw also comes equipped with blade guard covers for the cutting parts; this sheath protects your slicing edges from wearing out due to constant use.
The blades are automatic and self-retract once the saw has been lowered back into position. Also, it’s not advisable to continue using your machine if this part is accidentally damaged or removed. Repair it first before continuing.
3. It comes equipped with a decent dust bag directly connected to the saw, this sack helps to collect residual sawdust from the apparatus during cutting. Alternatively, one can buy a special adapter for connecting commercial vacuum sacks to capture excess dust and simplify the disposal process.
4. A secondary safety clamp helps to secure the surface item into place before making an incision, this feature is particularly important when working on smaller objects that measure 8 inches or less. Their tiny frame naturally makes it difficult for operators to work on such materials, unless of course they are using a cutting-edge machine such as this.
5. The risk of injury is considerably low when using this device as opposed to standard saws, this is because the item being worked on is characteristically held at a static position against the fence while Bosch GCM12SD’s saw head is in motion, making kickback literally impossible and also keeping the user’s hands clear off the blade. Furthermore, the grinding edge is usually drawn backwards then lowered and fed forth via a side material so that binding becomes unlikely.
6. It delivers accurate cuts that are free from error since the entire process is done automatically, the same can’t be said for those who prefer working manually as the chances of making a mistake are quite real.
A Couple of Complaints
a) One of the greatest setbacks of this apparatus is the relatively poor dust and wood chip extraction process, this is because a considerably large portion of the blade gets exposed while cutting. As such, there’s quite a high tendency for chips to come flying out.
b) It’s very bulky given that most of its parts are metallic, you need to use extra strength in order to get things going.
c) The gliding system is loose and users may sometimes feel like the handle is coming off.
The Impression Overall
The most distinguishing feature of Bosch GCM12SD is its operational miter index which allows blade angles to be altered in relativity to the fence. While this saw allows for accurate one-degree incremental adjustments on the index scale, it also features regular “stops” that allow miter index consoles to be modified in proportion to the surface material.
Since the machine characteristically cuts from above, it’s not necessary to adjust blade depth into varying thickness levels for things to work. In short, repeat cuts have been made easier. Furthermore, there are adjustable stops at 45 and 90 degrees for easy head tilting. They allow for precise adjustments of the machine.